A Place For The People
Who We are
True Vision Church is a great place to meet new friends, find needed encouragement and discover God’s plan for you. We are passionate about sharing Christ’s love through our actions & caring for one another and positively impacting our community. In doing this, we are living out our motto “Connecting people, Changing lives”; we want yours to be one of them.
By the power of the Spirit of God, through the Preaching and teaching of the Gospel message,
we populate Heaven by depopulating Hell, teach people to love God, themselves, their neighbor
and equip the saints for the work of the ministry, all to the Glory of God.
True Vision is…
- A Church where people, regardless of color, culture or class, experience an environment free from judgment and condemnation.
- A Church where the gospel of Jesus is reached and preached to thousands of residents of the northeast and northwest communities of San Antonio with convicting and convincing power to the end that people believe in Jesus as Savior and Lord.
- A Church where people become disciples of Christ and are developed into spiritual maturity through the demonstration of personal life and study of God’s Word in Bible studies, small groups, workshops, retreats, seminars and fellowship opportunities.
- A Church where every believer is led to discover their Spiritual Gift and they are equipped to do corporate ministry along with other believers and do personal practical mission ministry at work, home, school, and play.
- A Church that is on a mission to feed the hungry, make the stranger a guest, clothe the naked, visit the sick and visit the imprisoned.
- A Church where divers worship times, styles and locations are offered to minister to the needs of people and to attract the unsaved and the un-churched.
- A Church where the ministry is headquartered in a multipurpose facility to include childcare, adult care, a grade school and a gymnasium. A place designed to minister to the whole person—spiritually, emotionally, physically, and socially.
- A Church on a mission to plant True Vision Churches and assist in planting other churches in the city of San Antonio, the state of Texas and through out the world.
- A Church that houses a Bible Institute that will train men and women in the City of San Antonio and the surrounding areas in Bible Doctrine, Missions, and Practical Christian Ministry.
True Vision Believes…..
The Bible, the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, are the inspired Word of God without error in the original writings, and complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men, and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
God—There is one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Jesus Christ—Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died on the cross, the complete and final sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate.
The Holy Spirit—The ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and, during this age, to convict men of sin, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
Man—Man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost, and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
Salvation—The shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ by faith are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become children of God.
The Return of Jesus Christ—The personal, premillenial, and imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ is our hope and has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.
Future Events—There will be a bodily resurrection of all the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, and of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.
The Church—The true Church is composed of all such persons, who through saving faith in Jesus Christ, have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ of which He is the head.
Baptism and Communion—Water baptism by immersion soon after accepting Christ as personal Savior, is a testimony of death to sin and resurrection to a new life and the Lord’s Supper is a memorial service setting forth in sacred and symbolic manner the death of the Lord Jesus Christ; all true believers and only believers should share in it.
Marriage and Sexuality-(i) We believe that the term “marriage” has only one, legitimate meaning, and that is marriage sanctioned by God, which joins one man and one woman in a single, covenantal union, as delineated by Scripture. Marriage ceremonies performed in any facility owned, leased or rented by this church will be only those ceremonies sanctioned by God, joining one man with one woman as their genders were determined at birth. Whenever there is a conflict between the church’s position and any new legal standard for marriage, the church’s statement of faith, doctrines and biblical positions will govern.
(ii) We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of marriage as defined in (i) above. We believe that any other type of sexual activity, identity or expression that lies outside of this definition of marriage, including those that are becoming more accepted in the culture and the courts, are contradictory to God’s natural design and purpose for sexual activity.
Abortion-We believe that human life begins at conception and that the unborn child is a living human being. Abortion is murder and constitutes the unjustified, unexcused taking of unborn human life.
True Vision Church began in February 1993 as a gathering of 70 committed Christians in the W. I. Rector Hall at the Antioch Baptist Church.
Pastor Gregory Wilson Jones, presently residing in Starkville, Mississippi, was the first and founding pastor of the True Vision Church. He resigned in January of 1994 to work on an advanced degree at the American Baptist College in Nashville, Tennessee.
Rev. Kenneth Kemp, the present pastor of the Antioch Baptist Church, San Antonio, Texas, was officially called as Interim Pastor of the True Vision Church in March of 1994. Rev. Kemp remained until June 1995, when he was given orders to report to North Carolina to continue his military career.
In the interim of finding another pastor, Rev. Michael Steve Brown came to preach as well as other ministers in San Antonio.
In June 1995, the Lord sent Rev. Douglas Landrum to be the new Pastor. His tenure was until December 1996.
On the first Sunday of January 1997, the Rev. Michael Steve Brown came back to our church family to preach for us and conduct Bible studies. He served as Interim Pastor until March. In April of 1997, we asked Rev. Brown if he would become our Pastor. He accepted the Call of the Lord and became our new Pastor. We installed Rev. Brown in August 1997.
TVC is now worshiping as a “One Church, Two Locations” fellowship in both Northeast and Northwest San Antonio. In 2008 TVC acquired 30 acres of land to be the new home of the Northeast campus. Plans are now being made to erect a multipurpose facility in phases to accommodate the growing membership of TVC.